Thursday, April 7, 2011

Coppola's Paradise: Blancaneaux Lodge


I haven't had my computer with me for a whole week while I was in High Point, and while I was surrounded by design and current trends, I still feel SO out of the loop! It was a wonderful experience but I'm glad to be back!



While catching up on NOWNESS, today's feature caught my eye. Francis Ford Coppola has created a Belizean rainforest getaway literally out in the middle of nowhere, Blancaneaux Lodge. Originally purchased by Coppola as a private family hideaway, it is now an eco-luxury destination with 20 bungalows on 70 acres of pristine Central American wilderness. While visiting the Lodge, you can participate in amazing outdoor activities like taking ex-race horses on a trek to Big Rock Falls or taking an expert guided canoe tour through a Mayan cave system. They even have wild orchid hunting treks!

Overall a beautiful way to spend a vacation away from it all!

Check out the Lodge website for more photos and info!

Photos by Mauricio Alejo via NOWNESS

No comments:

Post a Comment