Monday, April 11, 2011

My New Roots


Lets be completely honest here. I LOVE food. Pretty much all food, I don't discriminate. When I travel or visit a new place, I usually relate my experiences to the food that I ate and the people I was with when I was eating. And when I think of home, I think of the wonderful food from Bellingham restaurants, and my Mom's cooking!

But as of late, my busy schedule and late night classes have made it hard for me to get excited about cooking healthy meals for myself, and I have noticed a difference in how I've been feeling (microwave lasagna isn't the happiest meal...). SO I have decided that there must be a change! And I have found the perfect blog to help me on my mission for healthier whole meals. My New Roots.

Sarah Britton is a holistic nutritionist and vegetarian chef that moved from California to Copenhagen, Denmark and started a food blog to get people excited about whole, nutritious food, while also relaying her new experiences to foodies everywhere. Sarah is currently a chef at two organic restaurants in Copenhagen and also founded her own nutrition practice. Not only is she wildly talented (her food photography is to die for!) but she's also funny and easy to read. People like Sarah are what makes learning about food and eating well fun!

Sarah recently started a new cooking "show" that features mini cooking lessons under 2 minutes long. Quick little videos that are pretty, informational, and fun. Check out her first post! How to cook quinoa. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment