Monday, February 21, 2011

Design Challenge

So this week in my interior design studio we are supposed to be brainstorming floor plans for a living space without a television. At first, I though, no one has those rooms anymore! You know, the "fancy" living room with the white furniture that Mom won't let you go into. Most living spaces I'm seeing are integrated into the kitchen or a room that functions as many things, one of them being a place to kick back and watch TV. But as I started looking through my inspiration files and browsing some blogs, I realized how nice it would be to have a room solely for entertaining or relaxing without the TV on.

My biggest turn on are the rooms with massive bookshelves. If there isn't a TV, there must certainly be books! (and maybe a mini bar!)

Something kinda fun and artsy?





Ummm that chandelier??? I die. It's so wonderful.





Something more traditional?







Photos via ElleDecor

1 comment:

  1. I'm really liking these TV-less living spaces. The ones with bookcases really inspire me!

    ReplyDelete